Codan Radio Training
Codan exports to over 150 countries worldwide, developing an extremely responsive global provision and support system that ensures all customers receive a punctual and precise service, regardless of the global location. As a Codan agent and distribution network we are situated and distribute to markets worldwide.
We provide training and workshops that can be beneficial for companies and individuals in order to help understand and operate their Codan equipment more efficiently.
- The first theory of radio waves
- Radio waves propagation
- HF equipment
- Theory of aerials
- Radiation patterns
- Codan products
- Vehicle fixed radio and aerial installation
- Observation of images taken in Afghanistan by UN forces
- Programming software training
- Radio communication code of practice
- Spelling and terminology
- Three fully working HF stations provided
We offer Codan client's services incorporate fitting and commissioning of equipment, systems amalgamation, on-site instruction, maintenance, and the provision of spare parts internationally.
Tuition on the setting up and operation of equipment is provided in our UK offices. Customers may additionally take part in courses at Codans dedicated training centre which is located within its Adelaide centre of operations in Australia.
We can offer Codan generic training courses in system operation, planning and maintenance. Whilst we will continue to offer specific training for all Codan users, we are also able to provide training courses to meet the needs for more generalised training and advice to system users. Whilst our focus remains on HF systems, other related technologies may also be included.
Visit our Facebook page to view images of our courses.
Information of standard courses and sample syllabuses are available upon request, but we will also design a course exclusively for your requirements. Courses are principally conducted in our UK offices.
The Codan training course is aimed at assessing your training requirements with you. This may also include individually structured courses, operator and technical or planning courses necessitate varying degrees of essential knowledge and we will specify basic requirements dependent on the training required.
Training course requirements such as class size, training assistance and accommodation will all be set out in advance. The subject matter covered on our Codan training courses may incorporate but are not limited to:
- An introduction to HF radio
- Broadcast theories, antennas and modulation
- Operator practice and regulation
- Operation of an assortment of sized networks, execution and management
- Station initiation, connections, power supplies and accessories
- Programming and configuration
- Practical tests
- Specialized training on radio email networks, ALE, selective calling (advantages, set up and protocols),
- Telephone interconnects, asset and vehicle tracking via HF
- Mobile and Manpack operation
- Secure voice and data networks.
Training and workshop booking email or alternatively you can contact us on +44 (0)1256 766 600.